Monday, March 29, 2010

5 years and counting

So, today we officially celebrated Aiden's 5th birthday. It's hard to believe where the time has gone. I actually overhead him talking to Kieran saying "when you are grown up you can climb just like me!" I think in Aiden's world he has officially grown up!

Aiden picked a pirate theme for his swim party this year, which we held at Lifetime Fitness. We had lots of friends that came to celebrate the day with us along with Gram & Papa & Memaw & Grandpa John. The kids had a blast in the pool playing around and standing under the mushroom waterfall. They took us to a party room following swimming where the kids dug into pizza & some yummy cupcakes. Aiden's favorite toys this year were the nerf sword he got from his friend Lincoln & another from mommy & daddy. He also received a few nerf blaster guns from Gram & Papa, his friend Ava and from a surprise visit from our favorite birthday girl - Kaila Grace! I have found many a bullets all throughout the house; however, I will say that this has been hours of entertainment for even Chris & myself! What fun!

Sunday we spent the day at Grandpa D & GJ's house celebrating with them & spending time with Ma while she was in town.

On the morning of the BIG DAY - we took Aiden to Starbucks for breakfast. Again - I realize I am only encouraging this bad habit, but Aiden loves his Starbucks chocolate milk and blueberry muffin. We took cupcakes to school that he shared with friends. I also picked him up early from school that day and brought him back to my office. My boss, Mr. Troy, has a huge affection for Aiden. Even to my surprise, Mr. Troy had brought in balloons and a cookie cake for Aiden's birthday that we all got to enjoy. I had made dinner to Aiden's request - homeade macaroni & cheese & fruit cups. Needless to say - Aiden took a few bites and said his belly hurt...I think he had more sugar than he could take, but hey - what are birthdays for, right?

Here are a few pictures that captured the memories of the fun day(s):

No comments:

Post a Comment