Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

What a great Mother's Day I had! My boys ran out to get a special breakfast, including my very favorite drink from Starbucks, to start the morning right! The boys gave me two sweet cards, including one of which there was a little boy & a monkey sitting in a crib, which I opened to read "Happy Mother's Day from me and my brother". I think the vote is still out as to who is the monkey in our family!

We then headed out to Gram & Papa's house for lunch, which us "Lindemann's" ate as much peel & eat shrimp that we could possibly consume, and the "Smith's" ate a variety of steak & chicken fingers!! Needless to say, I made a happy plate - as Aiden likes to call it (for all of those Yo Gabba Gabba fans out there).

We followed up the afternoon visiting the Kammerts, which the boys had a great time. On the way home, the most funniest conversation ensued. A perfect example of how Aiden is turning into my Type A personality, as he is such a planner (among other Type A traits).

Aiden: Happy Mother's Day mom. Hey Dad, you know what I'm going to get you for Father's Day?

Chris: No Aiden, today is Mother's Day and Father's Day is more than a month away...AND, it should be a surprise.

Aiden: No, but it's this really cool toy that you and I can play together.

Chris: But, I don't want a cool toy Aiden. I think you should buy me that phone I've been wanting.

Aiden: Well dad, we don't always get what we want...

Penny: (in the background snickering)...I guess we should be proud that some of our parenting moments are sticking...although, makes you think twice when the kids use them against the parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment