Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Survival of the Fittest?

This past weekend was certainly one of the first. Chris went to St. Louis to go biking with friends, while I stayed back managing (aka running) the boys to the weekends activities.

Aiden is back in spring soccer where his true competitive nature shines through, which earned him a whopping THREE goals in Saturday's game! He has always had natural athletic ability (not that I am biased or anything), but you can tell this season that he is getting the hang of dribbling the ball and doing more to keep control up and down the field. What a thrill!


Aiden has also joined a t-ball team for the summer, and Saturday was the first practice for 15 pre-K boys. They did quite well, splitting them up into small groups among 4 different coaches - mostly working on grounders and throwing the ball. Aiden got to break in his new big boy baseball glove. Also, halfway through practice Aiden experienced being one with nature - i.e. peeing into the woods since there were no bathrooms to be found! While I think (& hope) this is a first, just hope I don't catch him over at the neighbors house trying this again, as he was quite amused with himself. Must be a boy thing...

Sunday, we headed up to Ironwoods Park with my parents for their 'Party in the Park'. Aiden did a few fun activities, the most unique of which he got to pet his very first snake. Being the cautious boy that he is, it took much coaxing. He wasn't too impressed but was more focused on the fact that he REALLY wanted the VERY BIGGEST snake to come out of its aquarium, because Aiden only likes things that are BIG...the BIGGER the BETTER!! I'm glad that didn't work out for him though, as I would have gone running for the hills!

So, needless to say I survived a weekend on my lonesome. While I thought surely all of my half marathons would put me into great shape, I'm not sure I've quite got the stamina to keep up with these boys and their activities over the next 20+ years; but for now I'm going to say...GAME ON!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Mom, this wasn't the first time he peed in the woods.

    ReplyDelete