Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh boy, changes are a coming...

Is it August already? The summer has flown by, and now the times of change are upon the Smith household.

At the beginning of this month, we moved Kieran to a new daycare facility - Small Beginnings. The change was for many reasons, but ultimately we think that this change will be a good one for him. So far so good!

During the same time, Aiden went to go stay with Gram & Papa for the week. He had a blast watching movies, playing Wii...and also heading down to Stockton lake with the extended Lindemann family. He played with some of my other cousins, jumping off the boat 100+ times, AND even had his first tubing experience (probably a good thing I wasn't there to immediately gray out my hair from the stress!).

This week I am playing taxi as Aiden is enjoying his first sports camp. He's got a few friends in his group...and is having tons of fun learning new things. I can't wait to see him out on the soccer fields again this fall. If you thought he had talent before, you better watch out now for AB Smith!!! (btw...AB is Aiden's self-chosen official sports nickname - though if you ask him what the B stands for, he shrugs his shoulders, to which Chris responds - BIG knucklehead!!! It will be interesting to see what he chooses to go by in kindergarten in the next few weeks.)

As we wrap up the summer, we are preparing for the send-off to kindergarten beginning next Wednesday. Wow...here I am celebrating my 32nd birthday, and all I can think about is Aiden heading to school in less than a week...I think I am going back to that place where my hair is graying out!! :) I think Aiden is ready, excited, and looking forward to this journey we are about to embark on...much unlike his mother who is dragging behind kicking and screaming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment